Our users' privacy is of utmost importance to us. It is your right to know about the information we collect, how and when we collect them, how we process them. You have the right to consent or not consent to such information being collected and processed by us.
For this document, the following terms will be defined as follows:
- SemicHealth shall refer to the website SemicHealth.com and all of its associated software, including any mobile applications if any.
- We, us, shall refer to SemicHealth
- You, Your, shall refer to you the reader and viewer of SemicHealth
- User shall refer to you, anyone browsing SemicHealth or using any of SemicHealth's owned property
- Third-Party shall refer to any entity that is not SemicHealth and is not a user of SemicHealth
2.How we respect your privacy
At SemicHealth, we respect your privacy by providing you with information about the data we collect how we collect, process and store such data. We let you know and request your consent beforehand if your data is about to be collected; why we collect them, we ensure that your data remains safe with us.
We provide you with the information you need to know about all third-party tools used on SemicHealth, the data they collect and tracking cookies it may place on your computer when you browse SemicHealth.
We also provide you with information on how to opt-out of tracking cookies.
4.Data we collect
We receive and store any information you enter on SemicHealth or provide to us in any other way, including through emails and social media channels.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, and we will always seek your consent whenever we are about to collect, store and process your data.
The data we collect may include but not limited to:
- Personal information such as Name, Age, Email, Phone Number, Birth Date etc.
- Comments and Field-specific inputs
- Device information such as Browser, Screen size, Operating System type, device manufacturer etc
- Geographical data such as Country, City, Language and others
- Tracking and Usage such as pages visited, links and buttons clicked, contents viewed, etc
5.How we store and process data
We only receive, store and process data relevant to the service you are subscribing to. The data is stored and processed for the purpose to which you submitted it to us.
We do not process the information you send to us in a way incompatible with the objectives with which they were sent.
We only disclose information to our business partners or affiliates if you consent. We will seek your consent in such situations. You can choose to opt in or out at your own will.
6.When we collect data
We collect data at various stages of your interaction with SemicHealth, including on-page visits, filling out forms, viewing consents, button and link clicks, etc.
Some of these are basic usage information, while others are required to provide you with a good service offering, such as when you fill out forms.
7.How we use your information
Below, we discuss various ways we use the information you provide us.
When you signup for or subscribe to any of our services, we use the information for the following purposes:
- to process your registration for the Services or Offer
- to provide the services, to communicate with you about them or your account with us.
- to send you information about changes to our terms or policies
- to verify your identity.
We also use the information you provide us in our third parties' legitimate interest to:
- to fulfil your requests and inquiries regarding the Services
- to provide technical support for the Services;
- to analyze how you use the Services, including which videos you like to watch, and to help us develop new services; and
When you consent, we also use the information you provide us to:
- Send you newsletters as well as tracking if they have been received or opened
- Send you content, offers, rewards, and promotional materials, by email or on other sites, apps, or social media, which may be personalized based on your visits to and use our services.
8.Third-Party Measurement and Advertisement Cookies
A cookie is a piece of information stored and maintained by websites on a user's browser to be sent to the exact website origin for tracking purposes.
Cookies help websites identify and associate web traffics to a given user and, in turn, identify and track user behaviours and sessions within the website.
A host of third-party tools are utilized on SemicHealth to efficiently run and optimize our services and serve commercial ad placements on our platform. These third-party tools use and depend on cookies to function correctly. Below is a comprehensive list of all third-party tools used in SemicHealth that may place cookies on your device.
8.1 Google Analytics Standard Cookies
Google Analytics standard implementation helps us track user sessions on our platform through cookies. For more information, please see how Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps
to opt out of Google analytics standard implementation cookies. Please use this opt-out browser add-on from Google.
8.2 Google Analytics Ad Features
In addition to Google Analytics Standard Implementation, we also enabled the following Google analytics ad features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics Remarketing to tailor and customize SemicHealth's google ads campaign for you when you visit other websites or apps. This means that you will likely see SemicHealth ads on other websites or apps you visit.
- Demographics and Interest Reporting: We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting ad Feature to collect various information about you when available, including Age, Gender, and interests.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting: GDN impression reporting lets us measure the impact of unclicked GDN Display ad impressions against site behaviour and conversions.
To opt-out of all Google analytics Ad Features cookies, please use this opt-out browser add-on from Google.
8.3 Google Advertisement Cookies
Google advertisement cookies enable Google and her partners to serve ads to you on SemicHealth based on your prior visit to SemicHealth or other sites on the internet.
You can opt out of Google personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
9.How to opt-out of Cookies
You can opt-out of all tracking features and cookies discussed above by following the instructions in this section. Below is a list of opt-out links and tools for all third-party tracking cookies on SemicHealth. Visit each link to opt out anytime.
- Google opt-out browser add-on: Use google's opt-out browser add-on to opt-out of all third-party tracking cookies from Google products used in SemicHealth, including Google Analytics Standard Implementation and google Analytics Ad Features
- Google Ads Settings: You can opt-out of Google Advertisement cookies to disable Google from displaying ads to you when you visit SemicHealth by visiting Google's Ads Settings page.
11.Your Rights & our Contact
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your information, to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your information; and to obtain the information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format, and to ask us to share this information to another controller.