Terms and Conditions of Use
This website (now referred to as “SemicHealth.com”) is operated by SemicHealth Limited. You can read more about us from our About us page.
Agreement to terms and conditions
These Terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and [SemicHealth.com] (“we,” “us,” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the SemicHealth.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereof (collectively, “SemicHealth.com”).
You agree that by accessing SemicHealth.com, you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Terms and conditions or agreement.
You are explicitly prohibited from using or accessing SemicHealth.com if you do not agree to our terms and conditions or use.
We reserve the right to make changes or any necessary modifications to these terms and conditions as we see fit; You will be notified of any subsequent changes to our terms and conditions and waive the right right to be notified of any specific modifications as it is your duty to review the terms and conditions given future updates.
The data and information published on SemicHealth.com is not meant or intended to be distributed in areas, countries, or jurisdictions where such dissemination will be contrary to the local laws of that state or nation; People who choose to access SemicHealth.com from such countries, as stated earlier are solely responsible for their actions in compliance with the local laws of that country.
SemicHealth.com is intended for users who are at least 18 years of age. Users who are minors in countries or jurisdictions of residence are expected not to access SemicHealth.com without parental guidance or consent.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise noted, SemicHealth.com is the proprietary property of Clacified and its parent company Teclone. All source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on SemicHealth.com (collectively referred to as the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, affiliates or parent company.
They are also protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of Nigeria, foreign jurisdictions, and other international conventions.
The Content and the Marks are provided on SemicHealth.com “AS IS” It is meant for your personal consumption only.
Only except as otherwise noted in these Terms and conditions. No part of SemicHealth.com and any content on SemicHealth.com may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without prior permission of the Company, SemicHealth.com.
As long as you are eligible to access and use SemicHealth.com, we grant you limited access to SemicHealth.com and allow you to download or print any portion of SemicHealth.com that you had legally or properly gained access to; You can do this for personal but limited to commercial purposes.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to SemicHealth.com, the Content, and the Marks.
By using SemicHealth.com, you represent and warrant that:
- All the data and information you submitted during registration is current and accurate, and we will update them when appropriate.
- You are 18 years or older and not a minor within your current locale, or if a minor, you have received parental consent to access SemicHealth.com.
- You will not use any automated software, scripts, or bot to access and collect information from SemicHealth.com.
- You will not use SemicHealth.com for any illegal or unauthorized activities or intend to violate any applicable law in the country's jurisdiction.
- You agree that SemicHealth.com reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or limit your account upon discovering that your provided false information or reneged on the above terms and conditions.
You may not be allowed to access some features unless you register; you are expected to keep your password safe after registration. You agree that you are responsible for your account and password.
Upon registration, we reserve the right and sole discretion to change, delete or reclaim a username if we find it obscene, inappropriate, or objectionable.
You are not allowed to use SemicHealth.com for any other purpose other than what it is intended for; you are not allowed to use SemicHealth.com commercially if not otherwise approved by us.
As a user of SemicHealth.com, you agree not to:
- Collect, create or compile data (usernames and emails), content, or any other information from SemicHealth.com, whether manually or automatically, unless approved by us.
- Use SemicHealth.com as a medium for advertising or promoting personal goods, businesses, or services unless approved by us.
- Use any software to mitigate or circumvent any security feature laced on SemicHealth.com.
- Use dubious means to trick other users and us into releasing users' data.
- Use our contact us channel inappropriately to submit false reports or information.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on SemicHealth.com or the networks or services connected to SemicHealth.com.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use any information obtained from SemicHealth.com to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use SemicHealth.com as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use SemicHealth.com or the content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Copy SemicHealth.com's software, use reverse engineering to gain illegal access to information or data or burden the SemicHealth.com or any other network linked to SemicHealth.com.
- Harras, intimidate our employees. Agents or other users on SemicHealth.com.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any content.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, SemicHealth.com or us.
Content on SemicHealth
The following terms and conditions shall guide all content or posts on SemicHealth.com.
User Generated contributions
SemicHealth.com may provide options or features to chat, contribute comments and messages, and publish materials, including but not limited to texts, images, audio, videos, and personal information (collectively called "Contributions").
Note that contributions made on SemicHealth.com may be viewable to other users on SemicHealth.com, its affiliates, or other third-party websites. And as such, any Contributions you transmit, send, or upload may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
To make Contributions on SemicHealth.com, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator or owner or have proprietary licenses or rights to use and disseminate such materials.
- You authorize us to use the provided material as we deem fit in a manner bound by SemicHealth.com's terms and conditions.
- Your contributions or posts are not false, slanderous, violent, libelous, misleading, or inaccurate. They are not meant for promotional materials, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Your contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule. Neither does it advocate for such in any other local or jurisdiction.
- Your contributions do not violate any third party's privacy or publicity rights, persons, group, or SemicHealth.com's users.
- Your contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under 18 or exploits people under 18 sexually or violently.
- Your contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Your contributions do not include derogatory terms intended to disparage any race, ethnicity, religion, or person.
If you renege the above Terms and conditions, it may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights or access to SemicHealth.com.
By posting your Contributions to any part of SemicHealth.com or making Contributions accessible to SemicHealth.com by linking your account from SemicHealth.com to any of your social networking accounts.
You automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to give, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
The use, license, and distribution may occur in any media format and through any media channel and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide.
You agree to waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant and agree that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions.
We are not liable or take responsibility for any statements, intentions or representations in your Contributions provided by you on SemicHealth.com or any other affiliates related to SemicHealth.com.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to SemicHealth.com, and you expressly agree to exonerate us from all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to:
- edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions
- Re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on SemicHealth.com and
- Pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice; we have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
As part of the functionality of SemicHealth.com, you may be required or allowed to register with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”).
You agree that you have the right to disclose your Third-party account to us; you also agree to give us access to your breach by you or any terms and conditions that may govern such Third-party accounts and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that we may use your data (from Third-party accounts) by accessing, storing and making available the information provided by your Third-party accounts.
Please remember that if SemicHealth.com can no longer access your data from the Third-party accounts provided, you may lose access to social network content on and through SemicHealth.com.
You reserve the right and ability to disable the connection between your account on SemicHealth.com and your Third-Party Accounts.
We make no effort to, neither will we review any Social Network Content for any purpose, and we are not responsible for any content published on Social networks.
You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer to identify and inform you of those contacts who have also registered to use SemicHealth.com.
You reserve the right to terminate or delete your connection between SemicHealth.com and any Third-party accounts; you can do this by reaching out to us through our Contact us page.
We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture associated with your account.
Third-Part websites and content
SemicHealth.com may contain (or you may be sent via SemicHealth.com) links to other websites ("Third-Party Websites") as well as but not limited to articles, photographs, text, graphics and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties ("Third-Party Content").
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored; SemicHealth.com is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through SemicHealth.com or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from SemicHealth.com.
Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement.
We are not responsible for any purchase or actions are taken on any Third-party websites.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites. You shall hold us responsible for any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services for another action taken on Third-party websites.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in some regions of SemicHealth.com, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements.
If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on SemicHealth.com and any services provided on SemicHealth.com or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on SemicHealth.com, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights.
As an advertiser, you understand and agree there will be no refund or other compensation for takedown-related issues in violation of any terms and services.
We only provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.